The Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture is committed to addressing trauma through inclusive healing processes to build a non violent society with respect for human rights. The Trauma Centre for Survivors of Violence and Torture is a non-governmental human rights organisation that utilises inclusive evidence-based healing processes to address the psychosocial needs of our multiply wounded society. In moving towards our vision:
Our approach is guided by ethical practice as well as dynamic and relevant models.
- We respect, protect and advocate for human rights.
- We transform violent communities by:
- harnessing its peoples’ skills and abilities
- encompassing the cultural wealth and potential of its individuals and communities.
- We unite as a committed professional team in the face of immense challenges.
- We ensure accountability and open communication with all stakeholders.
- We strive for excellence in all aspects of our work.